Published on : 08 December 20205 min reading time
Cleaning clothes and accessories : tips for cleaning them
The cleaning of clothing items can be complex and expensive, but it is possible to perform a DIY by following these recommendations :
- Halo of sweat from a shirt
Spray 2 tablets of aspirin and pour them into 100 ml of lukewarm water. Soak the shirt in the solution for a few hours and then rinse it.
- Clean silver jewelry and silver objects
Pour ketchup into a cup and soak the earrings, rings and necklaces for 2 minutes, then rinse with water and dry with a soft cloth. For larger items, dispense ketchup with a cotton ball, leave for a few minutes, rinse and polish with a soft cloth. To get into the crevices of the decorations, use an old toothbrush or nailbrush and remember, never wear rubber gloves when touching the silver (they leave bad marks!).
- Strong odor of sports shoes
Cover the inside of the shoe with baking soda and let it rest overnight. In the morning, remove the dust by tapping the shoes.
- Animal hair and lint in general on carpets, sofas, car seats, etc.
Fork between the index and middle fingers of a clapper shoe and pass it over the fabric to be cleaned. The hair will form balls that you can easily remove with a vacuum cleaner.
- Stains on shoes and suede bags
Gently rub the leather with a nail file, then place the stain area under a source of steam (iron, kettle, pot).
- Grease stains on walls or white upholstery fabrics
Rub the stain with white breadcrumbs.
To add salt to a dish you are preparing, put a few pieces of apple or potato in the pot and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Remove the pieces that have absorbed the salt.
The essential tips
Do-it-yourself can also extend to oneself as no one is immune to unpleasant surprises caused by the use of products.
- Remove gum from hair (without cutting the strand).
Sprinkle the strand with peanut butter and rub several times until hair is free. Now wash as usual.
- Take a bath that leaves skin silky smooth
Take 200 grams of oat flakes, put them in a cotton handkerchief and close it with a cord. Place the bag under the water jet while filling the bathtub.
- Take a bath that leaves the skin soft, tastes good and is easy to clean.
Same as above, but put some sound in the bag.
- Don’t put your glasses on your nose
Wrap a small elastic band at the end of each temple of your glasses.
- Get rid of mosquito bites and itching
Pour Coca-Cola on top.
These do-it-yourself tips on tools, products and various objects existing in a home will be particularly useful in certain situations.
- Tying buttons, sewing backpacks and camping tents
Sew using white or clear (non-mint) dental floss.
- Apply silicone without making a smear.
First pass an ice cube over the surface to be sealed.
- Keep your children’s drawings
Spray a veil of lacquer on them and hang them wherever you want.
- Keep basil, parsley and other herbs.
Crush the grass and place it in an ice cube mould. Place the cube in the pan 1 minute before turning off the heat.
- Keep the leftover wine
Pour them into an ice cube mould and put them in the freezer. Insert a cube or more when cooking dishes that require wine.
- Make an excellent fertilizer for roses, azaleas, camellias, rincosperna and other acidophilic plants.
Store and use coffee grounds (not hot!) to add to the soil.
- Polish wooden furniture
In a clean sprayer, add 2 parts olive oil and 1 part white vinegar. Shake to mix well and spray on furniture. Leave on for 2 minutes, then wipe off with a cotton cloth or kitchen paper.
- Revitalize the steel sink, faucets and chrome parts of the bathroom and kitchen.
Wipe with a soft cloth soaked in a few drops of baby oil. If the result is not satisfactory, repeat the operation. You can do the same thing with a common water softener, without water. Then polish with a soft cloth.
- Storing Metal Garden Tools
Take some construction sand, put it in a bucket with 1 liter of motor oil and mix it all together. Glue the tools in the sand after using them and leave them there until next time to prevent rust from forming (out of the rain).
- Holes and Cracks in the Ground
Take a wax crayon of the color of the floor. Break it and melt it in the oven after placing it on the baking paper. When the pencil has become soft, use a small spatula to fill and smooth out the cracks.